It appears you're running an older web browser that we're unable to support. If you would like to view the site you'll need to update your browser. Please choose from any of the following modern browsers. Thanks!
Social Building Blocks is designed for preschool-aged neurodivergent children, focusing on developing and practicing social skills through purposeful play. Participants, and their caregivers, will be given the opportunity to engage with one another in a welcoming and inclusive environment, to create social connections with those in their community. Social skills may not come naturally to a neurodivergent individual, making social interactions and building relationships with others difficult or even overwhelming. During this program, participants will engage in structured play, music & movement, and arts and crafts activities, tailored toward turn-taking, sharing, and building connections. There will be time for individual play with enriching toys, facilitated and guided arts and crafts, and turn-taking games, along with additional time to practice skills introduced during those facilitated activities. We are here to create belonging and a community, not just for our young participants, but also for their parents and caregivers joining them.
- Participants must be 3-6 years of age. (contact program center for override requests)
- Participant has a neurodivergent-related diagnosis.
- Participants must be accompanied by a parent, guardian, caregiver, or aid.
- Prefer closed-toed shoes, although crocs would be ok. Looking to avoid sandals or flip-flops.
- Big smile, looking for fun, and a positive attitude!